Sunday, December 15, 2013

Shadowhunter Costume: Part one - Clothes

Hello everyone!
Now NaNo is over, I WON, by the way! My birthday is coming up and I am having a book themed party where people will dress us as there favorite book characters. I am going to be Clary from Mortal Instruments since she's my favorite and I have the red hair. I was also Clary for Halloween and loved it!
Unfortunately, there aren't any really good Shadowhunter costume tutorials on the internet so I am going to share how I figured it out for other people! In the books Clary ins't quite a full fledged Shadowhunter yet so I'm being sorta of future Clary, with weapons and Marks! Later this week I'll post a stele and seraph blade tutorial!
The first step to any good Shadowhunter is Gear and the most important thing to remember is:
"Shadowhunters: Looking Better in Black Than the Widows of our Enemies Since 1234"
Gear should be protective, but also kind of sexy and tough, not to mention skin tight! I have a skirt for my party because I'm going for the Magnus party look but skinny jeans are also great! Leather boots are a must! In fact, the more leather, the better.

For make-up I'm adding red lipstick for the badass look. Smokey eye would also be appropriate!
As for accessories, I have a military utility belt and motorcycle gloves I got off Amazon that are really cool! If you wanted to be Isabelle, you could wrap a bracelet around you like her whip too!
There are really a million ways this costume could go, so be creative!
I'll try and have the weapons tutorial up later!
Keep being awesome Nephilim!


No comments:

Post a Comment